31 October 2006

One Little Firefighter on a Sugar-High & One Cranky Dalmation

This morning Cade, Margaret Ahlschlager, Callum and I went to singing time at Mud Puddles Toy Store. It was so cute and really reminded me of the storytime clip at Meg Ryan's bookstore in You've Got Mail. Everything went great except that I accidentally left our stroller on the sidewalk in front of the store after loading everyone and everything else up. I'll have to call and see if they have it tomorrow.

Later we went to visit Auntie JuJu @ Wizer's Grocery Store since she was working today. Cade was really enamored with all the candy. Mrs. Wizer was there and thought Cade was so cute she let him pick out a big pumpkin sugar cookie from the bakery (which he managed to eat before we got in the car). Callum spent about 2 minutes in his costume...he was fussy and it was puffy and too warm. Cade and I walked to a couple neighbors houses that we know, but he had the most fun listening for the doorbell during bedtime stories and running to the door to pass out candy and then reporting on how many kids were there and if they were silly or scary or old.

Here's one of my favorite quotes of the day from Cade:
Someone at Wizer's asked Cade, "Are you dressed up because you're going trick-or-treating?" Cade replied, "No, I'm dressed up because I'm a firefighter."

1 comment:

heather said...

Okay, so maybe you're just waiting for someone to comment on your cute kids dressed so adorably for Halloween before making your next post...
Let me take care of that for you.
Callum looks so cuddly as a little puppy! And Cade looks very satisfied as a Firefighter... or is that satisfied with the great cookie?!?
Glad you guys had a fun day!

So, we've been waiting for a new post... What's been going on with you guys? Started the kitchen/family room project yet? Can't wait to see the progress on that!

Well, just wanted you to know we're thinking of you guys! You're in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!