29 October 2006

Just a long day in the life...


Early Saturday morning Kevin drove up to IKEA to p/u our cabinets! (yay!) Thankfully (as you can see) they JUST fit in our Pilot. Kevin was gone until about 7pm last night and now our kitchen is in our garage (sort of). He was pretty wiped when he got home but really glad to have all the goods. So the week of November 13th we will begin our remodel & I'll update the blog with info as it unfolds.

Here is my just turned 6 mo. son who I'm afraid for his life. Callum's been crawling for a couple weeks and this is what I found after I left him for a couple seconds in the family room today! He climbed right up all by himself. So now I'm seriously thinking about getting a playpen bigger than the pack 'n play just so I can corral him from time to time. Kevin and I began our rotation in the toddler class this morning so for the next three weeks we'll get to observe and interact with Cade and his friends in Sunday School. Today was really fun - even though Cade tested to limits with us in there (the other teacher in there said Cade was 'always an angel' when she's been in there...well, hmmm...not for mom and dad! :)


After church this afternoon Callum enjoyed some peas - his first offical "real" food, other than a couple sips of Auntie Jen's yummy squash soup a little over a week ago. He LOVED it! It's funny though, with Cade we made sure he was sitting in his special highchair seat and had the camera and video ready, with Callum , I just popped open some baby peas and fed him some - then quick had Kevin put new batteries in the camera so we could document this special moment. :)

Later today Cade and I spent some time just the two of us. I've been feeling like we haven't gotten to do that in a while so first we went on a walk. We looked for leaves and sticks and met a cute neighbor girl named Brittany (probably 4 or 5) who lives around the block and was dressed up as the little mermaid. She ran right up to us and made friends while her mom talked with some friends. Cade really wanted to stay and play with her, but we continued on. It was a beautiful afternoon - blue skies and perfect Fall temperature. After our walk the two of us ran to the movie store and he got to pick out a special video (Bear in the Big Blue House) and then we wandered around Staples, since we needed ink cartridges anyway.

Here's Callum thouroughly enjoying the johnny jump-up thanks to the Paulsons who lent it to us this weekend! He's had the time of his life in it today!

This afternoon while the boys napped I went to Costco and Mud Puddles Toy Store in Sherwood by myself (the toy store was great & I got some good ideas for Christmas. Plus, it's always a bonus to get alittle alone time). My sister-in-law, Katie Haglund, came over tonight (Chris had a meeting) and we had a nice visit & tested the pumpkin muffins I made tonight (don't be too impressed - it was from a kit I got at Costco - really yummy though & I added some white chocolate chips to some of them). This evening our dvd player gave up and of course we'd just rented a dvd for the first time in a while (at least a week or two!) so Kevin just came back with another from Target and we're watching a (so far just okay) new release movie called American Dreams. We'll probably pause it soon and get to bed. So, that's us! Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: