06 October 2006

My favorite door and my favorite ministry

I realize what I'm doing may be preceived this is a little nutty, but I'm practically "in love" with this door and I wanted to share (mostly for Heather's and Rebecca's sake since I couldn't show it to them in person since they now live in MI and Africa, respectively). I don't know if it's illegal to post photos I've taken of a magazine, and I know you won't get the full effect online, but here it is. I really really like the color and charactor of this door and the "Fall" decorations just top it off. If I walked by this door I would want to go in. I would also want to be drinking a Pumpkin Spice latte, but that's another story...

And (in a different category) my favorite ministry is Dinner and A Movie, an outreach to homeless teens in downtown Portland. The people who run this have huge hearts and lives are being changed dramatically because of their faithfulness and love for the people they serve. Winter is around the corner and if anyone's thinking of a place to give a donation to or buy warm socks or sweatshirts or Chrismas gifts - this may be the place! We get their newsletter and it blows me away what awesome work God is doing thru this newer ministry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat door. Very warm and inviting. It looks like it would be right at home on your house.
Hope you'll treat yourself to a few of your favorite lattes now that is that time of year! Enjoy!!

Steph said...

Annie, I have to say, the door rocks. I would love to make it my front door. It is completely inviting and fall outside decor is my favorite. It reminds me of yummy hot drinks and pretty leaves.

Anonymous said...

Dear Annie,

I love you and your door and pumpkin spice lattes. I check your blog all the time and I love to see what is new in your life. Don't know if you've gotten my e-mails, but I think about you all the time!

Love,
Leah