Callum is officially crawling! He's mobile and getting faster by the day. ;) So no more leaving the room and expecting him to be close to where I left him. He's very curious and I've been affectionately referring to him as 'my little puppy' because this week has already ripped up several papers Cade or I've left within several feet of him...I don't know how he manages to do it, but we find them literally slobbered all over and ripped into pieces.
Cade's quote: Yesterday morning we were getting Callum's diaper changed and Cade sang "Poopie-pants Callum" to him. Kevin told him that wasn't a very nice name to call him so Cade lovingly looked at Callum and said, "I'm sorry...Granny-pants Callum." Hmmmm. Anyway, he's an interesting kid. This week he's been dealing with one of his closest friends moving (Elijah) and has been talking about him nonstop. Whenever we ask him to guess where we're going he says, "The Zimels?" or "Elijah's?" This evening as we were driving back to our house from K & D's we told him tomorrow was Sunday and we were going to church. Kevin asked, "Who will you play with in class?" He responded, "Elijah" and we said, "Not this time, remember? Elijah's on a big vacation...who else?" He answered, "Mrs. Zimel." (-sigh-)
We just got home from a long day at IKEA. We spent last night at Katie and Daniel's so Kevin and I could get up early and leave for a day-trip to IKEA. It was a rough night - the boys just didn't sleep as well in different beds - especially Callum. They hada lot of fun going to the park and playing at Katie and Daniel's and we got a lot accomplished choosing our cabinets and getting ideas for curtains, etc. Our remodel is scheduled to take place mid-November at this point. Since it's all indoor work we can get it done whenever. I'm so excited!! We planned our whole kitchen and it is going to be so fun to see this project completed! :) I'm hoping it will be done by early December so there's plenty of time to enjoy it all decorated for Christmas. Who knows though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I didn't know you were doing your kitchen already! How exciting!! Are you actually doing the "remodel" or just redoing the kitchen stuff as it is? You'll have to fill us in and then keep us updated. I'm so jealous... we won't be able to do our kitchen till at least next summer. Can't wait to see what you do!
Oh, that breaks my heart! This is from Elijah to Cade: "Thank you Cade for playing in the living room. We riding in the motorhome right now." We just looked at pictures on the blog. Miss you guys!
I wonder where Cade got the "Granny-pants" idea?! hmmmmm. Does he do elder care in his spare time? I just LOVE that boy!
Post a Comment