02 November 2007

Party @ the library

Tuesday evening we went to the library storytime party. It was so cute to see all the kids in their costumes and the three children's librarians put on a great show! It's really fun to see what they come up with week after week and I love that they have a hand-out of lyrics so we can remember how songs go at home if we want to sing them again. The kids remember a lot of what they learn there & in the children's area they have a huge felt board, lots of fun puppets with a stage/theater for puppet shows, a large wooden dollhouse, puzzles & games, and large stuffed animals. Near the end or the "show," all the kids "paraded" (sort of - at least that was the idea, actually it was briefly mass chaos in the main library - all the kids just ran in different directions. I don't think they knew who was the leader) around the library and ended up back in the storytime room for cookies, brownies, and candy. Cade saw this Captain Jack Sparrow costume at Costco and had to have it - Callum was dressed in his own clothes (the most pirate-y thing he has) plus a pirate hat (also from Costco). Our friend, Tess was dressed in a Sleeping Beauty dress (or was it Belle? - I must brush up on my Disney princesses...) but was actually going as Wendy from Peter Pan. She was adorable. I love how most of the time when I see her she is dressed in one princess dress or another. And how the last couple of times we've been greeted with her rendition of "Tomorrow" from the Annie movie. :)
"Okay, give me your best princess smile!"
These two are quite the charactors.
Callum, during the 5-10 minutes total this week he had his full costume on.

Tired pirate. He's been sleeping well this week.

No comments: