Sarah, Amy, and I joke each year about how we don't see eachother all winter. They live off 84 in Underwood, WA and Hood River, OR, respectively, and as much as I love them, I can't seem to muster the courage to brave the "weather" (or possibility of "weather") and drive to their houses between the months of (roughly) late November-March. I know, I know, for people in the midwest or places where it snows a lot, they take care of the roads and you can "go anywhere" (or so I've heard), but for those of you not familiar with Oregon, let me assure you: treacherous only scratches the surface...at least in my book. And it's not just the icy roads, it's the drivers. Needless to say, they feel the same, so, we are every-season-but-winter friends. I'm just kidding, I consider them two of my very favorite friends all times of year and fortunately they understand the importance of voice-to-voice phone calls to remain close. I always leave my time with these amazing girls feeling refreshed, having learned things, and wishing we had more time.They came my way today as a "last hangout before the pass closes" - there's not really a "pass" to their area of course, but it sounds much more dramatic and less wimpy to talk about it in terms alluding to danger, doesn't it)? Man, I love those girls! We laugh so much and I'm always amazed at how fast the time goes by. They headed out early so we could spend a good portion of the day hanging out and letting our six (we each add 2) kids three and under run crazily around, mostly getting along very well, and surprisingly, we find ourselves genuinely commenting on how "peaceful and calm" the day has been. Sure, as we speak, the kids are in to other room jumping from the sofa onto a huge pile of pillows, insisting they are batman! superman! at the top of their lungs. But with our half-caff cups of chemicals (peppermint mocha flavored coffeemate creamer - who can help it?) & a clear, crisp fall day out the window, we are sincerely relaxed and loving our day of conversation. They kids had a great day too, and I managed (imagine that) to snap some shots of our sweet peas.
Soft landing.
During the brief, but much needed, video-induced downtime.
Tommy, one of Sarah's little men. He is exactly two months older than Cade and Sarah's other boy, Kevin, was due 2 monthes after Callum. We have been friends for YEARS! Since freshmon year of college when we were roommates. Kevin and I were married the month after they were and we both have two boys the same age - it has been fun to have "parallel" lives. :) Amy and Sarah are sisters, so that's how I met Amy, and our friendship has grown over the last few years.
Okay, is she a doll or what!
Chloe & Nevaeh, Amy's girls.
Cade loved having them and was as sad to see them go as I was.
One more of these three on the ottoman because I liked their expressions.





No comments:
Post a Comment