22 November 2007

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving! As my sweet potatoes are baking, I thought I'd take a couple minutes to express some thanks. Truly I am such a blessed person. Amazing husband, lovely, healthy little boys, wonderful family (and some fun, crazy family, lest life become dull) so many sweet friends and memories. I'm also reminded of my mother - she truly shined on the holidays, making everything almost magical to me as a child and teenager - I will always miss her special touches and joy as she served people with a generous spirit and humor. I'm so grateful she changed our family's legacy by giving her life to God and submitting to His plan for her. What freedom we have in Christ.

Mostly I want to acknowledge the work of God in my life. Without His providence, love, and power in my life and in the lives of so many around me, where would I be?? Trying to do things my way and failing. So, thank you Jesus for coming to earth in the form of a man and, having no sin Yourself, barring the weight of all the sins in my life as well as everyone else ever, dying an excruciating death on a cross. All so I could live with You forever in Heaven. I am so unworthy of that privilege and yet, you have called me Yours. I'm thankful to be adopted into Your family, even though by my own birthright I deserve death for the pains my sins have caused You. You have filled my days with so many blessings and much joy. You have given me peace in all circumstances. I trust the work You are doing in my life and family and I'm blessed to be a part of it.

And here's a video of my two HUGE (& little) blessings: Callum and Cade. Thank you Guys for filling my life with so many miracles, such joy, unconditional love, the fierce passion I knew when I became your mama...and for the laughter of each day...


I wish you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: