Leah and Kaya came over this past weekend for an overnighter. As soon as they got here Leah wanted to play dress-up with all the princess/girly clothes they brought. This was a whole new world for my boys...let's just say I have some good embarrassing pictures for later (I didn't even post the most embarrassing...mostly for Kevin's sake, but also because Cade is too young to protest). This morning we went over to Leah and Kaya's for a playdate and so I could finally see their new house! We ended up staying most of the day and having lunch & naps there. It was really good to visit with Jen while our kids all played with very few, minor issues. :) I think I had two cups of tea and a chai latte. Now if that's not a good visit...
Within seconds all the dress-up clothes had exploded in our kitchen and actual clothes were being traded in for princess attire and high-heels all around.
Cade and Leah had so much fun playing and laughing together. On Friday evening Kevin stayed home with Kaya and Callum, and I took Cade and Leah to our church for a Thanksgiving service party. We ate dinner and played and decorated a bunch of Thanksgiving cards for the people living in downtown Portland in the five hotels our church supports.
"How is this fun again?"
Kaya and me. Having the girls for an extended period of time was very fun for many reasons but for me, I most loved getting to know them more personally and learning lots of little things that make them each unique and precious.





2 comments:
Ha! Those pics are too funny! You are a good mommy to hold back with the others...don't know if I could!
I can't WAIT to see the other pictures!!! These are completely hilarious. Thank you again 1000 times for watching them, they had so much fun. It was so good to have you guys over here, too, windstorm and all. lots of love,
Jen
Post a Comment