01 January 2008

New Years' Eve with friends

**Schilperoort family: I posted a few more Christmas pics click here.
We had so much fun with the Gibsons and the Burchs last night. We wish the Brownlees could have made it, but poor Gracie came down with a fever, leaving them homebound on her first New Years' Eve. We ate lots of chili with toppings, dipped fruit, brownies, rice krispie treats, marshmellos and Sarri's yummy cream puffs in chocolate irish cream fondue, and drank some fun drinks thanks to Joel and Sarri. We all caught up and hung out and just enjoyed a leisurely evening. After a while we broke out the new game we got for Christmas, Imaginiff, which had us laughing. The boys stayed up watching a video until way past bedtime, when Cade only had to come out twice to tell us to be quiet. :) It's so fun to have good group of friends who we've all known forever (read: pre-dating eachother, marriage, and of course, kids) and that we still get together with practically every month. We didn't get to bed until a little before 3am! (And here I was wondering how I'd make it to midnight). Thanks Everyone for such a fun New Years! Next year I promise to have party hats. I think that was the only thing missing besides the Brownlees...:)
Sarri and Joel.
Justin and Melissa.

The girls...trying not to crack up too much at how funny the guys were being trying to work our cameras and get a shot we wanted (ie: basically any shot that didn't show something unflattering or awful).
Awww, how sweet.
The guys getting a little silly with the fondue.

Cade enjoying some leftover fondue after dinner tonight. His first time with a fondue fork...scary. He did well though, for the most part. :)

2 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Annie, I love your new header! Great job on that. It's so cute! And I loved getting to see Justin Burch on this most recent post. :) Blast from the past... 10 years ago, past! That's so neat that you guys are all friends. Looking forward to seeing you Friday! Didn't get a new camera yet, but working on it. :)

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you guys NYE (and into the wee hours of the morning)! Thanks for gettig me a my space and you HAVE to teach me how to make such great headers! That pic is SO beautiful. Thanks so much for having us all over! Now I just have to figure out how to steal all those pictures from here.