24 January 2008

Chris and Katie ~ a time to be glad

This afternoon my brother, Chris and his wife, Katie came and hung out at our house. Since I've had my upgraded camera, I've been even more excited about taking everyone's photos, and I was especially thrilled when they agreed to let me take theirs! They are both beautiful people inside and out and it was so good to see them happy and at peace after all the hard things that have been going on for the past couple of months. It was truly a gift from God to get to spend time with them and to have Katie, Daniel, and Johanna join us for the evening. It was freezing and my boys were inside so I only had about 5-10 minutes with them to quickly set up a couple of shots in our yard. These photos represent to start of a new, much needed season in our lives, and especially for Chris. I love him so much and it has been amazing to see how God has worked through this situation. Katie has a light about her that can only be explained as God's grace and love in her life. She is one of the most sincere and selfless people I've known and I'm so thankful she has relied on God for the strength to walk with Chris on his journey. We prayed with Chris before saying goodbye about a half-hour ago and it was a joyful 'see you soon' even though it will be at least a month before we will see him again. He is making an incredibly courageous choice to stay well and work on the things he still needs to. I'm so proud of him and thankful to God for all the doors that have opened (truly amazing) and for the changes He is making in Chris' heart. (If you want more details, feel free to email me or leave a comment). Thank you to those of you who have kept us all in your prayers these past several weeks. Please continue to pray for Chris and Katie as they will be physically separated for a time in hopes of ensuring a hopeful future together. Also, another praise is Katie has a new job and providentially she starts tomorrow as well. God is good.

Aren't Katie's eyes beautiful?


It is really good to see the sparkle back in his eyes.

1 comment:

the schilps said...

i am so thankful too, annie. it makes me cry.
we love you all so much!
abbe and casey and asher