20 January 2008

Big news and bath night!



Friday I became the proud owner of a 2nd-hand canon digital rebel! So much fun! I have a lot to learn but am looking forward to practicing. ;) We had a pretty full weekend, but here are some pics of Callum during his bath last night. He loves having his alone-time in the bath. He was being silly and dumped all the foam letters on his head and the "S" stuck to his hair for quite a while. Now I don't have a fancy-shmancy editing program, but right away I'm noticing a big difference in clarity, color, and of course shutter speed. This probably sounds like, "well duh" to some of you, but for me; practically a complete novice, it is pretty exciting! Let the snapping begin. Next stop...my nieces' and nephew's houses.

In other news...it's finally time for Bible Study to start up again! I can't wait for Tuesday morning. It sounds cheesy, but I just love digging into a new study with some of my favorite girlfriends and sharing life. Sort of makes me want to break into the Cheers theme song just thinking about it. This term we will be studying Cynthia Heald's book called Becoming A Woman of Faith. It is always one of my greatest joys to be able to get-together with some of the amazing girls God has blessed me with and learn more from Him, the Bible, and eachother. I can't express enough about what these girls and our dear leaders have come to mean in my life. The friendships, prayer, sincere caring, fun we have are truly rare. I don't know what I'd do without them sometimes! On a sidenote, we were planning to start Bible Study last week, but since area schools were running late due to icy roads, we couldn't. So this week it is! And I'm just praying the 20-range temps they're predicting for Monday and Tuesday won't interfere this week! Hope you all have a great week & thank you for checking our blog and caring about what we're up to (albeit mostly dull and "everyday-ish"). :) I guess all this talk of friends and Bible Study got me into a sappy mood. Anyway, thanks. And if any of you have been using a canon digi for a while care to offer any tips/advice, feel free!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

New cameras are SO fun! I can't wait for the new pics to pop up on this here blog. =)

Hope all is well. We're looking forward to seeing you again... hopefully soon!