After the reunion Friday, I spent the night over at my sister's since it was late (I don't like driving late at night much + Saturday morning @ 10am was Jena Gray-Gunderson's baby shower in NW Portland anyway, so it just made the most sense).Isn't Jena a beautiful expecting mama? Her shower was really nice - Malinda hosted and has a dream house which was fun to tour. It was fun to watch Jena open all the sweet little girl clothes and other necessary baby items. Here are a few pics:





Sunday evening was Brittany and Dan's wedding at a really cool place in SE. Her mom, Michelle, was one of my mom's closest friends and we grew up with them so it was great to see the family. I've know Brit since she was a toddler! Brittany looked absolutely beautiful and Dan seems like a good match for her. They are an adventurous and interesting couple; trading a European tour for an outreach trip to Rwanda in lieu of a honeymoon. These people have huge hearts! Most of the evening we hung out with Kristi and Kylee Madsen. Kristi was also one of my mom's favorite friends and she was the labor/delivery nurse for Callum and Johanna. (She is basically the best nurse ever - there has even been a feature article about her and her care in the Legacy news flyer that comes out). Also, I babysat Kylee and her sister and now Kylee is Cade's favorite sitter, so basically we all go WAY back. It was fun to catch up with them.
Brittany and her dad, Bart during the father/daughter dance. I always admired Bart growing up. He is a great dad to his 4 beautiful daughters.
Kristi, Johanna, and Michelle (Brittany's mom). Such wonderful, strong women. I blessed to have them in my life.





No comments:
Post a Comment