07 September 2007

The Morrisons are in Oregon!

Today started out crazy with the kids basically hanging on each of my legs and whining for me to pick them up constantly...well, in between bursts of aggression toward eachother usually resulting in more tears, time-outs, etc. Sounds like a good time, I know. Eventually I gave Callum some Tylenol (hoping it's teething) and put them both down to nap about an hour early. The highlight of the morning was a good chat with Amber-Rose that lasted a surprisingly good amount of time considering the kids (mostly mine, but she does have three little boys ~ her oldest, Samuel was in school) all took turns creating exciting, loud background noises (and which was ended when one of the kids, who will remain nameless (okay it was Callum) was crying so loudly neither of us could hear eachother anymore anyway). :) All in all, the afternoon was a lot better and we just had dinner and then took a nice walk. Callum is in bed and Cade is almost there. (Followed closely by me. Kevin is at his end of the season softball celebration/game).

Yesterday the Morrisons came to Mom's Group and then stayed throughout the afternoon. Cade was so thrilled to see Savannah (they live in St. Louis now) and it will be nice to have them in the area for three weeks! Callum and Sawyer got to know eachother too. Heather and I had a really nice visit too, as always. It is good to get to sit face-to-face and catch up since she doesn't like to talk on the phone so we mostly end up "catching up" through our blog posts. :) (Love you, Heather).

This is what I found at my front door. (Cade opened the door and Heather was still retrieving things from the car. They looked so cute I had to grab my camera).
It took Cade and Savannah no time at all to remember how to play together. Right away they were laughing & playing all sorts of make-believe games.
Hug for Callum.
Like father, like son. :) Classic Ryan expression.


Last night I got to meet my dear friend from junior high/high school, Michell, for dinner and a long walk around Bridgeport Village. It was wonderful to catch up with her and make up for some lost time. She lives in San Fransisco and is up here because she getting married in 8 days so I was fortunate to get to "steal" some of her time. She's a dancer and teaches NIA there, but I'm hoping they will move up eventually and she can teach in the area. Michell is such an intentional, caring, and creative soul, I bet she is an amazing teacher. Click here if you want to know what NIA is. It looks like fun - I'm thinking of trying it sometime.

And something kinda funny...
Today in the car Cade would say something and I would respond, but he would correct me. Fun little game (not). For instance, he said, "Mom, did you know once I spit up in the car?" So I said, "You did?" and he answered, "Yes, but you were supposed to say, 'No way!'" After a couple converstaions like this I said, "Aren't our conversations more interesting when you don't know what I might say?" And he said, "No, because I DO know what you're SUPPOSED to say." Aw, three-year-old logic. Needless to say, I quickly thereafter informed him that I enjoy thinking for myself, thank you. An idea he'd be wise to get used to. (My future daughter-in-law can thank me later). Haha. :)

No comments: