
Cade had his first official day of preschool this morning! (I kept him home last Thursday because of his cough). Here are some pics right before you left. He LOVED wearing his (Little Einstein) backpack that he picked out all by himself and was SO excited to get going. When we got there, we got on his nametag, checked his cubby, hung up his backpack, and he was off. He didn't even look at his sweet teacher who greeted him warmly, as he was already so busy looking around the room at all the fun things to do, and no doubt plotting where he would go next. I had to say, "Cade, look it's Mrs. Stuart, please say 'hi' back to Mrs. Stuart, Cade." And then without looking at her, a quiet, 'hi' before darting away to play. So for a couple minutes I looked over the stack of papers I'd retrieved from his cubby (okay, I was stalling a little; just wanteing to make sure he was going to be fine). :) After following him around a little bit, I realized that CLEARLY, he was fine and it was time to go. I picked him up afterward and he'd had such a fun time. In his words, he painted, played with playdough, dressed up 'like dad' and went to work the 'office,' where he typed and called some people, played on the playground, had little pizzas for a snack, was happy to see his friend, Payton, and made new friends (who he told me were named, "Kooky" and "Parshy" (or something like that - obviously fabricated - and it was at that point I realized we had crossed over into make-believe land (his giggles tipped me off). I knew it was probably best to ask more questions later, if I was hoping for an accurate account. I love three-year olds! Especially Cade! ;)


He also wanted me to take a picture of him hopping like a frog!
No comments:
Post a Comment