Last week we had some pretty full days around here. Thursday morning, Cade had preschool and I hung out in the LO area since I had a rehearsal with a pianist at 10:30am (for singing at the church last Saturday for the women's brunch). Callum and I went to visit Grandma and Poppie for most of the time and then picked up a few groceries at Albertsons and a loaf of pumpkin nut bread at Uppercrust (for the huge
mom's group we had Friday). Then Friday after mom's group, Kevin was able ot take a half day and I went over to where the Zimel's were staying to meet
Amber-Rose &
Mauria for lunch (thank you for the beautiful lunch, Eileen!) and then we were off to the
Barefoot Sage. One of my favorite places to relax - I highly recommend it. Amber-Rose and Mauria have frequented it more than me, but we all share the love of being pampered, so it was the perfect thing to squeeze in during the Zimel's short visit (they were here basically Thursday-Monday and I'm thankful! but personally I feel any amount of time is too short). :) It was good to get to spend some time with both those girls. Sunday I barely got to see AR at church, but it was so fun to have Elijah in our
sunday school class and Cade loved it too. Monday, I ran over to say 'goodbye' before they left for the airport and I did really well (keeping it brief helped). I didn't even cry this time...until on the way home in the car, but at least it wasn't in front of them (why does this not get easier)!?
So, (back to Friday evening) I pulled in just as Kevin was taking the boys to pick-up the pizza and our first guests were arriving for the dinner/game night in honor of the
Morrisons visiting from St. Louis. (How lucky am I to have had 2 good friends visit this month)!

So, we hosted a pizza/game night (the Morrisons heart games) Friday night and several of their/our close friends and former community group members came over. We had 7 couples here (and a few kids) - not too many pics, but a good time just the same. I was so glad it worked out for so many couples to make it! It was great reconnecting, catching up, and playing a couple rounds of Apples to Apples.


My cute husband ( and that's Bryan in the background). Heather and Ryan had to be up at around 3:30am to make it to the airport for their flight so it wasn't a super late night.
No comments:
Post a Comment