To be honest, the anticipated first cherry tomato of August did not receive the warm celebratory welcome it probably deserved. Cade watched it grow, watered it regularly, poked it, noted how 'red it was getting,' and then Sunday morning in my attempts to brighten his mood (as he'd had a fever and was not happy about having to stay home from church), I announced that the tomato was *ready.* Cade was excited and of course I was their to snap away while he enjoyed the fruits of his (& mine & Abbe's)*labor.* So, here's how it went. 
He picks it - he puts it to his face, posing as if it is his clown nose - pops it in his mouth -
chews a bit - and (wait for it) - promptly throws up the tomato and his breakfast all over the front patio. In the tomato's defense, Cade has always had a sensitive gag reflex. I think he started to choke a little and up it (all) came. Oh well, there are at least half a dozen more on that plant alone.CADE QUOTE FOR TODAY: I was singing to Cade, "I love my boy." And Cade sang back "Because I'm so cute." So I said, "Because you're mine." And he added, "And I'm so delicious."





5 comments:
MMM! Love those little 'panatoes' as Garrett calls them! Thanks for not taking the picture of the yuckiness. Hope he is feeling better!
Annie I got to your blog through Heather's....I love the pics. of your little boy he's such a good poser for the camera, what a cutie, I love his longer hair....he looks like a little California surfer dude, light hair & blue eyes...(I have a weakness for that...my little man has light hair & blue eyes too.)
-Katie Huff
oh, i was wondering if that plant would produce anything for you. poor cade. i am glad that they are cherry tomatoes, so, another red one will produce for you soon. maybe round two will be more palatable, or, maybe mama should just enjoy them from now on.
love you guys.
abbe
Great blog entry!! Loved Cade's quote of the day as usual! :)
So sad about the tomato! But OH MY GOSH that is about the funniest thing I've ever heard, "because I'm so cute" and "delicious." What a nut! A cute nut!
Post a Comment