11 August 2007

Sunnyside, WA


Last Friday, Kevin took a partial day at work and we headed up to Sunnyside, WA for a visit with his parents and his 10-year high school reunion. We were lucky enough to get Grandma (Kev's mom) for the 4-hour drive since she needed a way to get home and we were going her way! It was really nice to have her entertaining and playing with the boys. She is a pretty amazing Grandma!

All weekend there were different reunion events planned and we had a really good time. I really didn't know what to expect - Kevin's class had 21 kids in it and I didn't know if I'd feel like the odd-man out. It turned out that everyone was really welcoming and I felt that I'd made some friends after it was over. For coming basically not knowing anyone and completely prepared for a possibly uninteresting time - I had a really great time! I'm not the type to get bored though - I find all kinds of people entertaining, so I don't know why I was surprised by this. I guess since at this time of life I spend so much time with the same people I love, I forget how much I enjoy getting to know new ones.



Friday night was hanging out at pub, Saturday @ 11am was mini-golf, but first Kevin got up early to play actual golf with a couple old friends (tee-time was 7am). It was fun meeting the other kids that came with their parents to the Dino Park putt-putt & pizza, later that evening was a catered dinner, which probably the most people came to. After dinner, Emily (one of Kev's classmates) & her husband invited everyone over to their place - about 3/4 of the couples came - I was the only non-classmate girl there, but I had such a great time with everyone upstairs while Kevin spent most of the time downstairs playing pool. He came up to "check on" me from time to time and a couple hours later when he said he was thinking about heading back to his parent's I was thinking I'd be fine staying longer! I only hope my own reunion (in about a month) is as fun.
Cade's cheesy smile.

All afternoon Saturday the boys played in Grandma and Bumpa's nice, shady backyard - in and out of the little pool.
Nakey boy!
Just contemplating life...
A rare quiet moment with Callum.
Cowboy Cade loved pretending this rocker was his horse. Thank you to the Grandparents for being so willing to play with and care for the boys. We all enjoyed it so much. See you very soon for Abbe's baby!

No comments: