03 July 2007

Welcome to July


Kevin is much better and was back at work yesterday. He'd gone into Urgent Care Friday and they gave him 3 different prescriptions for his bronchitis, but he figured since we'd been cleansing his system for two days already his cold was on the way out so he didn't fill them. Friday evening I was thankful Jen was able to come over with the girls and take care of the family while I sang at a wedding in Milwaukie at Amadeus Manor (http://www.amadeusrestaurants.com/page/oa9c/Tour_Amadeus_Restaurant.html). Beautiful setting!

Saturday afternoon I went to a friend's baby shower which was fun and later in the evening I had coffee with one of my favorite friends from college who was visiting from Spokane, Jillian. Sunday Cade and I went to Northside Community in Newberg since Jillian and several of her family members were leading worship. It was such a treat! Cade loved the playground and the preschool class.

After church we quickly drove over to Poppie and Grandma's for the monthly family waffle brunch. Alaina(5) and Leo(3), who are my aunt Julie's grandchildren by marriage, and their mom are were visiting from Alaska. Cade had a blast getting to play with some "big" kids at Poppies. :) They don't visit often so this was a fun treat! The baby in the picture is Baby Jayden, Jennifer and Justin's little guy. He's almost three months already! And so cute and quick to smile. Time does fly.





Later that evening, after dinner, Cade and I drove over to Koch Farm and picked quite a few raspberries to have with cream (at least Cade) for dessert. We love the sweet people who run the farm and it is awesome to have a farm with fresh berries and veggies so close. I plan to take lots of advantage of Koch and other farms in the area before summer is over. I may even venture to "can" something. (But don't hold your breath on that one). ;)

Today we are going to Rivercrest Park in Oregon City to splash around in the new water features with Jen, Leah, and Kaya. It is not far from where they are living this summer and we are so glad to have them closer again! Even if just for a short while. :) Hopefully Ill have some good pics to post later.

No comments: