
Saturday morning Cade and I met Leah and Jen at the Oregon City Farmer's Market. Cade was really looking forward to seeing Leah and it is always fun to browse a Farmer's Market. Here are a couple of silly pics of the kids - they loved the flower stands - we're just not sure how fond the flower farmers were of Cade and Leah jumping right next to the flowers. It didn't last long though and they were on to the next thing.

Later, I met my cousin, Michelle for lunch at Country Grains in Wilsonville and it was really fun to visit with her about her upcoming wedding plans! We grew up together and even shared a bedroom for a little while in high school, so it has been so great having her back in the area since last summer when she graduated from dental school. Her fiance, Bryan, is also a dentist and eventually they are hoping to open a practice together. I think her wedding will be beautiful - tomorrow she's going over to the Schmidt's so Katie can practice Michelle's wedding hair-do! I'm going to get to see it too since Katie's watching Callum in the morning for me while I take Cade to a concert at the Children's Museum.Sunday afternoon we got to go see Abbe and Casey's cute condo for the first time! It is perfect for them and of course they have been adding their charming touches to their new home. We had pizza & greens from Abbe's garden for dinner and it was especially fun for us to see their place and for me to get to chat with Abbe at her kitchen table while the guys went for the pizza. Abbe gave me 2 wonderful tomato plants and Casey gave Kevin their old microwave. We've been living (just fine thank you - hehe) without a micro for the past few months since ours decided it'd had enough. I truly haven't missed the microwave at all and kind of enjoy warming up my morning coffee all 'little house on the prairie' (see pic).

For Kevin, on the other hand, the transition apparently hasn't been as smooth (come on Kev, we have an air-popper and you don't even drink coffee). Anyway, I guess to some people there's just something all-American about owning your micro, even if you don't use it much. So we came home with a microwave, but I don't mind - my cookbooks will get to stay on their shelf (they really love it there) and the microwave will live in the garage on some counter-space left over from our remodel. Anyway, we had a great time with Casey and Abbe! It is hard to believe in about a month there will be a new sweet little Schilperoort boy or girl. I'm SO excited to meet him or her!!


And I HAD to get a cute belly pic! Thanks Abbe! ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment