07 July 2007

Our fun weekend with Johanna


This weekend we got to have Johanna with us all weekend! She is a sweet little angel and it was a pleasure to have a little girl I love so much around. Here's a recap: Friday - she arrived sometime before 7:30am and throughout the day I fixed her hair three times and changed her clothes twice (I can't help it - she got dirty, plus those girl-clothes are so cute)! Saturday we went to the park after morning nap and after pm nap, we went to the beautiful Flower Farmer Farm in Canby and rode the little train and visited the animals. The kids had fun petting chickens, a turkey, and rabbits. Johanna is so funny! She talks quite a bit, signs everything, and at one point I had to laugh when I was helping Callum say and praising him for attempting 'cracker' and Johanna joined me in emphasing to him, "Cra - KER." And smiling knowingly at Callum. So precious. She also loves to pick up a book and walk backwards into your lap so you'll read to her and happily follows Cade around with a huge grin. She is very good with several signs: 'more,' 'all done,' 'bath,' 'bedtime,' 'book,' 'please,' and 'food' (when hungry) more!

Enjoying their morning smoothies of bananas, carrots, apple, greens, & berries. Oh and some ground flax and kefir.
They seriously gobbled them down! Cade too! (It's all in the ratio). :) I admit it's one of my many great pleasures as a mom to get veggies in my kids without them knowing it!



Callum and Cade really enjoyed having their little cousin here too. Callum really appreciated having a little buddy to laugh with during meal times and chase around the park. They are quite the funny pair, always cracking eachother up. (I know the picture of Callum is blurry but I couldn't help post it to show how much fun they were having at lunch, getting really messy)!



Jo is also so loving - always kissing everyone and hugging too. Such a sweet girl - she'd randomly come over and hug my leg and would insist I kiss her bear, baby, and even her blanket before naps (and occasionally just for fun). This weekend having her here was surprisingly smooth (thanks in part to Kevin for for sure! His being such a good dad and uncle helped tons!) and I'm looking forward to the next time. :)

Okay...just 2 more. It was so fun getting a little girl ready for church. I mean - I DID hair.

No comments: