This week has been...ugh. I've spent more time catching up on friend's blogs and photo blogs I love than spending any time thinking up something to write here. The boys and I all have nasty coughs this week. Cade has had a fever off and on and tonight Callum had a low fever. Ahh! I can't take much more of being cooped up. This year the flu has really been hard on us. Kevin has managed to stay well mostly. I'm just so annoyed that I keep getting sick. I can't say I'm surprised...this is Cade's first year in preschool and everytime I've helped out in there I've been amazed at how many sick kids come to preschool, coughing on everyone, not to mention the times Cade's come home from preschool saying, "Mom, we need to pray for ____, he/she had to go home sick today." (Music to my ears...not). "Oh yes, that's a great idea...and btw, did you play much with ____?" Oh I know kids can have coughs for weeks and weeks even after they are past the point of being directly contagious, and I've been "that mom" plenty, I mean the mom that is sure her kid is "well enough" to go cough all over everyone and not really get anyone sick. Otherwise, anyone with more than one child would never be allowed anywhere, as it seems one child or the other in every family we know is constantly "getting over" something or another. Who knows, we probably caught this from the Safeway shopping cart.
Part of it has to be we are around people all the time...I'm thankful my kids are going to have such great immune systems some day. There is truly a point where kids aren't contagious, but I'm not convinced everyone knows those guidelines or is willing to abide by them if it means missing work or inconvenience (referring to Cade's preschool mostly - our friends at church/other seem to bee very good about protecting other kids from their germs). And it IS impossible to always know when your child is contagious (often it is before they even have symptoms). Anyway, I truly don't mean for this to be a rant. Don't mind me, I'm just pissy because I've been cooped up in my house with two whiny, sad little boys and wishing I could pull the covers over my head and sleep until this passes. And on top of it Katie and Daniel were going to keep the boys overnight tomorrow so Kevin and I could go to the Five O'Clock People cd release concert. We were looking forward to it mostly for nostaglic reasons...we really liked them in college and they just got back together after five+ years of nothing. Sorry I'm complaining...I hate complaining...just stop reading and scroll down to a better post - then switch to a different blog and pretend you never read this. Anyway, back to complaining, I really really really don't like being stuck in the house for going on five days in a row. Cade wasn't able to go to preschool all week, and it also meant no Bible study, community group, playdates, storytime @ the library, or basically going anywhere fun. I'm a homebody to a point, but I love me my freedom. Anyway, health is around the corner...I can smell it through the eucalyptus chest rub on my hands. I do have some pictures to post of last weekend's 80's bunco party and our Superbowl gathering. But I think I'll go to bed now instead and post them later. Forgive me for being such a baby and whining about everything. I truly know I have so much to be grateful for...I'm just down tonight. Happy weekend. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Annie, you are HIL-AR-I-OUS!!!!!! Hope you feel better soon though... and the boys too!
Oh Hon!!
I'm so sorry. And incidentally- I know E X A C T L Y how you feel.
I hope everything comes together for Sunday!!!!!
Love you!
In a way it's refreshing to know that even Annie complains sometimes. :)
Hopefully you're all better now. Much sympathy - AR
Post a Comment