14 March 2007

What we've been up to

This morning while we were having breakfast, Cade randomly said, "Mom, I want Dad's parents to come here...because they really love me."


Last night at dinner someone asked what we've been up to and I couldn't really think of anything too major so instead, here is a sampling of what might go on, sort of a "typicalish week" at our house. Basically this kind of thing is what we're "up to." :)












Monday morning we had a playdate with Abigail and Katie Fisher. Abby is such a sweet baby and I've loved getting to know Katie this past year as they've been in church, Bible study and Mom's group with us. I'm sad they are moving at the end of the month but I'm really happy for her that she will be with her husband (military) and that they get to buy a house and "settle" in.

Monday afternoon we had a fun, unexpected visit from Katie and Chris! It was so good to visit with Katie about her job options (she just graduated with her Bachelors in Psychology) and listen to Chris' guitar skills (I LOVE guitar music). They stayed for a couple of hours and much of the time the kids were napping (which was nice) and then got to play with them a little too.




























Tuesday morning was my weekly women's Bible study. We are going through a great study called, Women Making a Difference in Marriage, by Lana Packer. I look forward to it every week and absolutely love the other gals in my group. At 3pm, after the boys naps, we packed up and met the Ahlschlager's at the YMCA in Sherwood (Sarah has guest passes she invited me to use so we can work out together once a week as part of our accountibility for getting in shape). We've both been exercising indiviually as well, but it is nice to mix it up. I've been doing the treadmill at home every morning for 30-60 min.
Last night we went out to have dinner with Jen, Keith, Casey, Abbe, and Abbe's mom, Kitty (who is visiting from TX). We haven't seen much if them lately so it was reaqlly good to let the kids play (and mess up the playroom - sorry Jen!) together and visit. Kitty is so sweet and she got Cade a little present of his first whoopie cushion!

This morning the boys and I met Katie, Johanna, and Crystal at Baker & Spice on Capitol Hwy for americanos and pastries. (I actually had a smallish chocolate crinkle cookie & a piece of their Garden bread - really yummy with zucchini, carrots, other veggies, etc. (both split with Cade). We just got home, had some lunch and Callum is napping. Tonight I'm doing an Arbonne class in West Linn for someone whose been on the products for awhile and can't believe the great comments they've received so that will be fun! We're expecting about 10 girls. I just love educating people about the benefits of using pure, safe products. The more I research and read, the more convicted I feel about getting the word out. I've just finished a great book that I love called, The Cure, by Dr. Timothy Brantly - I highly recommend it to anyone interested in hearing how our diets seriously make a HUGE & drastic difference in our health and wellness, both long and short-term. It is amazing and you really can't argue with the stories of people being cured of cancer, to allergies and everything in between after being told by traditional doctors that they were basically "hopeless" cases. I'm so thankful we live in a society that we have a choice of doctors and treatments to explore.
Well I'm off to read Cade some of his new High Five magazine he got in the mail yesterday. (Remember Highlights? We subscribed to that as kids and the toddler version is High Five. Cade's Grandma and Bumpa got it for him for Christmas and he LOVES it and LOVES getting it in the mail each month).

No comments: