26 March 2007

Gymboree, Auntie LouLou's 50th birthday, and good friends

This past weekend we had a really fun birthday brunch at Bijou Cafe in Portland for Auntie Lou Lou. We met Michelle, Bryan, Katie, Daniel, & Johanna there (very yummy) before parting ways so they could go to "Menopause: The Musical" and we could rush home for a quick nap (for Cade) before his friend, Gracie's birthday party. The party was at Gymboree and he and Jack had so much fun! They were the only boys invited (there was another boy, but he was much younger) and they are a year + younger than Gracie (turned 4) and most of her girlfriends. That didn't keep them from enjoying every second of the party though of course! Jack and Cade stuck together and *mostly* participated. (In this first pic they are playing while everyone else does a different activity but that's what's great about big birthday parties and Gymboree)! Stephanie (Jack's mom) and I got a big kick out of them). Here are more pics:
**You may click on any to view the larger version.
Cade "catching" bubbles.
Grace, loving the bubbles! (I love this pic - it's a little out of focus, but it is so precious I wanted to post it anyway).









I like these pics because you can tell how much fun these boys were having jumping. Jack and Cade have really become two peas in a pod. In the past few months the age gap has seemed to shrink more each time they hang out. They are really hilarious to observe and it is so fun to watch Cade interact and learn to play with (as opposed to alongside) a friend. I'm excited that they are going ot be in the same preschool class this coming Fall. I think it will help the transition to "school" to be easier, even though Cade usually does fine in new situations...I think it may just be comforting for me to know he has a friend in there. :)


Here's Grace opening presents. One really sweet thing was Grace served everyone cake before eating her own. She is a very dear little girl with awesome parents who love the Lord (I know Marlo from our women's Bible Study and she is wonderful).


Here are our dear friends, the Cartmills. They came over Sunday afternoon and we always have fun with them. Their sweet little guy, Rowan is getting so big!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Okay, parties at Gymboree seem to be the way to go! It looks like they all had so much fun! Great pics, Annie.

Anonymous said...

Feeling disconnected here, Annie, it's been a week - time for a new post!
-Amber-Rose :)