
Today is my niece Leah's official 3rd birthday!! We went over there Saturday for a family party and it was really fun. I can't believe how it just seems like last week we were at the Providence labor and delivery waiting room with Todd and Serena laughing and having a really fun time bonding with them (little did I know what Jen was going through and what awaited me exactly 1 month later). Anyway, it certainly was a very joyous night (and a little silly - in the "what-time-is-it-and-how-delirious-are-we-feeling-right-now" way) for the four of us as we eagerly anticipated Leah's arrival. Would it be a boy or a girl? How was Jen doing? How close was the baby to being born? (Is that nurse seriously leaving that huge basket labled "soiled towels" a few feet from OUR area)? Had the baby been born? Is THAT baby "ours" (after jumping up and straining to see in the tiny, high, nursery windows)? Who has more m'n ms?? And finally, What will going to happen at the "name ceremony?" It was all very exciting. Leah is such a precious part of the family and we are so blessed to have her. Unfortunately I forgot my camera when we left the house that day (I know, crazy!) so here are a couple of pics courtesy of Grandma Karen. :)

My favorite quote from last week...
Kev: If we ignore them, do you think they'll go away?
Me (glancing into the back seat): ...I don't think so.
This morning Callum threw his bottle of Pau d'Arco tea down a couple times and so I took it away. Cade had been asking for tea for a while (I'd been feeding Callum) so when I finished up I got Cade his cup and he promptly threw it on the floor. I picked it up and put it on the counter where he couldn't get it and he instantly started whining and begging for it. I told him, "When you throw things on the floor it shows me you don't care about it and don't want it." And he said, "But I do want it." So I asked, "Well, why did you throw it?" He answered, "Mom, I'm still only 2 years old." (He got another chance).
Sunday evening we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to Ibach Park to play. Callum had a great time swinging and Cade had some fun in the sand.












6 comments:
Too cute! He IS only 2 still. :) I get some of that reasoning around here at times! Callum looks so happy in the swing. Carter screams when I put him in one!
Looks like a great day at the park!
I was scrolling through your post and Savannah came and looked over my shoulder. I had only got to the first picture of Callum in the swing, and Savannah asked me what he was doing at the dinosaur park (that's what she calls Ibach). Not sure if she recognized it by the swings and the cushy ground, or if she just knows that one is by your house, but I thought that was pretty funny!
By the way, she also said "looks like Cade is having a wonderful time with his daddy. You remember his daddy mom? Mr. Kevin? He's married to your friend Miss Annie." HAHA!
Funny quotes. :) Callum has gotten so much hair! How do your kids do that?? As always, aDORable pics at the park!
I've bookmarked your blog so I can read it on a more regular basis, Yay! I love your park pictures. They're adorable!
I can't believe how long Callum's hair is getting!!!
That gene certainly skipped his brother!
Annie-
I truly love your blog - you always capture the joy of motherhood and parenting. It is so fun to know that even though we are live on different coast our boys experience the same things. Your blog always makes me smile and remember why being a mom is so great!! I love it! I hope you are well,
Erin
Post a Comment