01 February 2007

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Today is Kevin's 28th birthday! First thing this morning I reminded Cade it was Daddy's "special birthday" and Cade sang him some fun impromptu versions of "Happy Birthday to you." It really was so cute so I wanted to share some of the lyrics (I wrote them down this morning word-for-word so I wouldn't forget) he came up with (sung to the tune of Happy Birthday to You (mostly):

Happy birthday to my dad
Happy birthday to Dad
You're the best friend that I love
Happy birthday my dad!

And then there was...
Happy birthday to dad
You have to go to work
So you can't stay and play with me and my toys
but you'll come home later and play with me (Cade struggled keeping this one to the exact tune, due to the number of extra words he was trying to accommodate). :)


And finally...
Happy birthday to my dad
You're gonna have a happy birthday
When you gonna have some cake and balloons
And presents at your birthday

I don't know about you, but I think the kid has some musical talent! :) It was pretty precious. Then tonight after giving Kevin his cards, toy cardboard airplanes (Cade picked them out for them to play with together), and Superman balloon (also selected by Cade), we gave him a fun dessert (we picked out a few individual treats at a bakery instead of going with a traditional cake - just to mix it up a little). Cade got to choose part of the cupcake for his dessert and he just came over to me and said, "That was the best cake I ever had." All in all, I think it was a good birthday for old dad.

No comments: