27 February 2007

The artist & the antics

Cade LOVES to draw and write! His latest thing is drawing people (as pictured) We set up a "special place" where Cade could get his creative juices flowing without Callum's help.




For some reason Cade thinks this is a finished snack of apples. He has been going through something lately...I think it's called "the awesome two's," but whatever it is I'm getting kind of tired of watching him throw himself on the ground (I call it bursting into a tantrum) and fake cry (believe me, it is an act and it disappears the instant he realizes he is not getting the desired response). Usually this drama is over something extremely serious such as his sandwich being cut into 4 squares instead of 4 triangles or having to wear his boots because his shoes are muddy or having to wear his shoes because his boots are muddy. You name it, he's probably hit the floor because of it. Don't get me wrong, Cade is a lot of fun, very helpful, and polite (usually), and still is sweet a cuddly a good deal of the time...it's just that sometimes everything can be going fine and he unexpectedly morphs into a crazy person. Cade also has an incredible imagination and it has been super fun to play with him and hear what he comes up with. He also says quite funny things and uses lots of slang. He's always saying, "But the only thing is..." or "Actually..." and many others but it's late and I can't think anymore right now. Sweet dreams! I'm off to bed!

No comments: