
Yay! We had a true snow day! Kevin stayed home and was able to "attend" a meeting via phone conference and internet this afternoon which I was SO happy about! (There is NO way I'd want him venturing out in the mess of cars and snow and ice we saw on the news). Mostly I can just as easily "pass" on the snow. It doesn't excite me so much as annoy me (just being honest, I know I'm kinda a grinch). However, today I was thinking about it and I DO have something nice to say...
Why I do actually like the snow:
1. It really is beautiful!
2. When it snows, no one can tell how little time I spend gardening.
3. It is perfectly acceptable to have several cups of cocoa and mini-marshmellows.
4. Cade is adorable making snow angels with his little red nose and trying to act as though he's not freezing cold.
5. No school!!
6. Here in Oregon it is sure to be brief.
7. It doesn't matter that we're having car problems since we can't go anywhere!
So there are some things even I can find to like about the snow.
So there are some things even I can find to like about the snow.
My snow angels...
Cade and Kevin made a great snowman (actually 2, but only one was captured on film). They also made snow angels (Cade's first, I think) and drank hot chocolate. In all, it was a great day. I'm glad our little family was safe and warm inside! I feel really bad for all the people who headed to work only to get mixed up in the treacherous commute. I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful day!





No comments:
Post a Comment