25 May 2009

Our 7th Anniversary! And some random stuff.

Photobucket
*So my pics are huger than ever and I'm too sleepy to fix them...I thought I'd sized them correctly, but whatever! These are just my simple shots (or parts of them, since some are apparently too large to view on this blog), unedited. Don't judge. I'm sharing these with friends & family, not critics, people! ;) If you're just here for eye candy, leave hungry. Haha! Okay, just kidding, that was a little melodramatic even for me. I'm so embarrassed for myself right now. Going to bed...

Today I am lucky enough to be celebrating 7 years of marital bliss (most of the time!) ;) with the most amazing husband I ever could've asked for. I'm so blessed to get to spend each day with truly my best friend, someone who knows me better than anyone and loves me anyway. Someone who encourages me and lets me chase my dreams however crazy they may seem! It is just an amazing gift to be in a marriage with someone who puts his relationship with God first and lets that determine the rest of his priorities. I'm so glad we have two little boys who are getting to learn how to live out a life of faith and integrity and compassion by watching their daddy. I love you, Hon and I'm SO thankful for you and our marriage. You are the best. Photobucket
Photobucket

This weekend, Kev's parents came to town and let us have a night away while they stayed with the boys (thank you so much)! Here are a few photos from our brief (but truly wonderful) overnighter in McMinnville. (Sarri, it was hard to not stop by, but we were literally in town from dinner to breakfast ~ we had a great dinner at La Rambla, I think I remember you've eaten there? So yummy - Oh my gosh, the churros with chocolate sauce are amazing)!PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Today we spent nearly the whole day cleaning out the garage! Yay! (The kombucha is not in our garage, just at a market in McMinnville we went to for wine & snacks for the hotel after dinner. But I do love kombucha). Back to the garage...it seriously looks so much better and we are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...anyone who has been in our garage lately (aka 'the room of doom') will be pleased to know they can find many things we used to own at a nearby Goodwill. The boys had a great time "helping," playing with the neighbors black lab, and riding their scooters all over.

Another great thing about today was that I finally got to meet Lucy, one of my closest friends' (& college roommates) 6 month old baby girl. She is a little doll with so much personality and I'm excited to get to know her more since Jilly and Nick just moved back last week from Spokane! We have not lived in the same place since college (so 8 years!) I'll be posting some from her 6 month photo session here soon, but in case you haven't checked in over there in a while, go see some pictures of Johanna, my sister Katie's adorable little girl. And in other exciting news...my sister-in-law (and good friend, I might add), Jen has been busy updating her blog (after a long dryspell, I also might add, not that I'm one to talk)! ;) Since I will never return to blog about our great trip to Canada last August to meet up with many fun and adventurous Schilperoorts or our trips to the pumpkin patch in October, I thought I would pass along her updates, since they involve Cade and Callum and include some my snapshots anyway (at least the Canada recounts ~ which, btw, you need to scroll down quite a bit for - it is actually a 4-part series)! Jen, I'm so impressed, btw! And thank you, now I don't feel like it's hanging over my head...vicarious blogging, I guess.

Happy Memorial Day!! We are so blessed to be in a country where we are free to make many choices for ourselves based on our own personal beliefs, convictions, and preferences.

4 comments:

heather said...

Very fun pics Annie!
Glad you guys had a fun weekend... we miss celebrating our anniversaries "together". Happy Seven Years!!
Love you guys :)

Keith and Jen said...

Hey - thanks for the shout-out. It was a long dry spell... maybe I've turned over a new leaf???

Sarri said...

Hey, I'll try not to be too offended that you didn't let us know you'd be in town FOR YOUR ANNIVERSARY!! You are so funny. Glad you liked it! We love La Rambla- I could have told you what is NOT TO MISS there though- ensalada de la casa and the deep fried green beans. (Trust me!)
Happy Anniversary!!

the Zimels said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I think that when we first met, you guys had just been married a year. Time flies, doesn't it?!

I'm glad you guys got to celebrate well! Love you, AR