04 June 2008

Birthday fun for me...

So yesterday was my 29th birthday. Thank you to everyone who called, sent cards or gifts, and just plain remembered my birthday. I felt so loved and blessed yesterday. I mean I know I'm not turning 8, so maybe I shouldn't care either way if my birthday is well-celebrated, but growing up in our house, birthdays were always a REALLY big deal and even though I grew up (at least on paper), I've never gotten over it. (I'm sort of the same way with many holidays...and I don't see myself changing anytime soon - especially since now I have kids who also know what a big deal birthdays and other holidays are)! :)

Anyway, I had THE BEST day yesterday, thanks to my wonderful husband. He took the day off and lovingly cared for our boys exclusively all day while I got to do 'whatever I wanted to.' Technically it started on Monday with a fun, impromptu happy hour with some girlfriends (that I thought I was going to miss out on until Kevin ended up getting out of his late meeting earlier than expected). Then on my birthday I got to sleep in as late as I wanted, then Kevin took Cade to preschool and I left by myself with a couple books and a journal to have breakfast at my favorite cafe, Saint Honore. Then I browsed Christian Supply and the library to my heart's content, and had my hair highlighted by my sister, who is finishing up at Phagens Beauty School in Tigard in the next few months. After a bit more shopping, I met my honey and our boys for a birthday dinner at Pastini's at Bridgeport, because I love that place. After dinner, I got to talk with Amber-Rose and then my sister treated me to a movie (Baby Mama - Very fun!) and some sister-time. So, as you can see, I had a wonderful, restful day and I feel ready to face my 30th year.

No comments: