06 April 2007

Loves to read...and more about Friday

Check these sweet pics of Cade out:
http://bethanyfphotography.blogspot.com/

This site is Bethany's new photo blog & it's so fun to see what she's been shooting each week. Cade and I had a difficult "test of wills" afternoon so these pics are a good reminder of how precious he usually is. :) This morning he had so much fun (and I got some fun girlfriend time, which is always good) with his friend, Garrett. Sarri (Garrett's mom) invited us out to visit her MOPS group and then we had lunch at a deli. Carter, Sarri and Joel's youngest, just turned a year and is just such a sweetheart and check out these precious pics of their eldest, Maddy in her new tutu (can you even stand how cute she is?): http://www.gibsonfive.blogspot.com/ . These are some of our friends that we always wish we could spend more time with and now that Sarri is staying home with the kids full-time, it seems like it is going to get easier to do these fun, much-needed playdates to McMinnville. :) I love it!

Cade's been funny with his made up words like "amn't" (used for "am not," example: "No, I amn't"). Also, for some reason he's been mentioning our friend, Samuel, a lot (and at funny times). Like after he wet his pants last week - "And sometimes does Samuel have a little accident, Mom?" or in tears in time-out, "And sometimes does Samuel make naughty choices?" As if it is somewhat comforting to him to know that his icon is human too. On our way to church he asked, "When will Elijah and Samuel be back at church?" and randomly, "Maybe we should go to the Children's Museum to see Elijah and Samuel." They moved to Austin in October and I think he misses them - I show him their blog http://www.zimel.blogspot.com/ from time to time, but still...I'm surprised by how often he thinks of them). And he also mentions Savannah (since I'm linking all over the place anyway: http://www.morrisonsinmichigan.blogspot.com/ ). When we're going to the park he often asks if Savannah will meet us there. This morning he even started "playing" the "Bed-Monster" game he and Savannah played when she was here in January (visiting from their new home in MI). He hadn't mentioned the game since they went back to MI. (I don't think it was as much fun with Callum as it was with Savannah though...no offense, Callum). :) I do think it would be nice if Cade's favorite friends would stop moving (not to mention some of mine)! ;) (Hopefully the Paulson's aren't planning anything...).

Callum's new trick (besides taking more and more steps in a row) is saying, "ah-duh" (all done) when he's finished eating! It's really cute and I'm so happy he is learning to say a few "words" now. Callum just wants to communicate SO badly. He gets SO frustrated (way more than Cade did) when he can't get his point across. He'll be yelling all sorts of stuff and his face gets red. I've started being way more intentional about teaching him baby-signs lately in effort to help him! Also, when he gets frustrated with something we do (like we take something away from him that is dangerous, etc.) he gets mad at us and sort of yell/growls with both his fists clenched in frustration. It's actually really funny (but we try to contain ourselves and show our sincere concern for his angst - poor guy). Well, that's all for now! Happy Good Friday & enjoy your Easter! He is Risen!!

3 comments:

heather said...

Miss you guys tons!!
Have a blessed Easter weedkend celebrating our Savior... and celebrating your family and friends. I love reading the ways you do that. We love you!

Sarri said...

I ADORE those pics of Cade reading. SO CUTE. Friday was super fun, although I never finished my collage-oops! Chatting with you was great for my identity though! ;)

Um, you should see my bruise. It is H U G E. I still hurt all over! :(

Anonymous said...

Oh Cade, if you only knew HOW many times Samuel makes naughty choices... :) And of course he's had his share of accidents too!
I'll have to tell Samuel he's being remembered. Hope your Easter was meaningful and enjoyable. Love you guys!
Amber-Rose