Okay, so I know I've practically reached the dreaded '1 month without a new post' mark - it's like blog-suicide, but I'm back to redeem myself with 10 things...

2. Our tree is decorated (more pics of the actual decorating to come, but here are a couple pics of how wet is was actually getting our tree). Cade & Callum helped and we let them choose wherever they wanted to put the ornaments (though we had to put the cap on 7 ornaments weighing down one branch courtesy of Callum). Only one ornament (snowman snow globe) broke. This morning the boys spent over an hour playing "on," "in," and around the tree with their favorite guys (Spiderman, Little People from the Nativity set, the Nutcracker ornament, a little Mexican doll ornament, various other figures from our other nativities, & some transformers). They've been having a great time.
4. Kevin is back again! (This photo was taken after he got soaking wet getting our tree Sunday). Despite our certainty that the September trip to Malaysia would be his last for awhile, he was only home two weeks before his boss asked him to go back in November! We're very thankful he has a job and that he didn't have to travel in December, but it was a challenge balancing the photo sessions I'd scheduled for November with having the kids mostly to myself. He returned (after about 3 weeks) the weekend before Thanksgiving. We are all SO glad he's home! Which brings me to...
5. Thanksgiving! Hope you all had a great long weekend wherever you are. It was fun to be at my dad's house near Astoria with my family for Wednesday and Thursday. Poor Kevin came down with a violent case of the stomach flu just before we sat down to eat at my grandparent's house - so no dinner for us and we also had to stay home the next day from celebrating with the Schilperoort side, but it was nice to just chill as a family. The most appalling thing of all was this shocking story and left me feeling (once again, but in a more sickening way than ever) disgusted with American consumerism. I'm sure you heard this story, but it impacted me and challenged me in new ways as we head into the holiday season.
6. Christmas card sessions are over! One of the many things I love about my business is that I can choose (for the most part!) when I work and when I'd like time off. I've been so thankful and blessed this past year as my business has been growing and so humbled by the opportunity to spend time doing something I love & creating something lasting & meaningful for others too. An added bonus has been getting some Christmas cards in the mail with my images on them! The last month got a bit crazy with Kevin gone again and everyone getting photos for their Christmas cards complete. I was so thankful for the aunties and uncles who love their little nephews and were happy to have them over night a couple of times so I didn't get too far behind. I'm looking forward to being more involved with my friends over the next couple of months.
7. Top favorite new tunes for Christmas...Sara Groves ~ O Holy Night & Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs are current favs, but we've still been enjoying our favorite new cd from last winter: Relient K's Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer.
8. If you'd like some artsy inspiration this season, be sure to follow Ali Edwards December Daily album she's creating! I think next year I'll do one too. Love her style!
9. I'm chubby! I still like myself, but these past months of drinking more lattes and eating out more (since Kevin's been gone and I've been busy with my kids and business) have taken a toll. And I'm turning 30 next June. Time to get motivated to start seriously working out again. I'm making some goals and one includes participating in the Tilikum fundraiser 10k next April (I think that's when it is anyway). Does anyone want to do this with me? (Sarri?) Okay now it's out there so I will really have to do it. :) We're hopefully going on a little vacation in February and I don't want to wish I'd lost 15-20 lbs for that. All that to say, don't share your Christmas goodies with me. (Just kidding...sort of).
10. Sunday night we had a super fun time with some of our dear college friends the Brownlees and the Burchs (we missed the Gibsons this time though - hope Carter is feeling better! - Cade and Callum missed the kids too & we decided to forgo the Christmas tree pinata (I think I was the most excited about this because Maddy & Garrett are learning Spanish at their school) for another time since most of the participating children couldn't come)! Isn't Melissa adorable with her cute little belly? She's due in March! Can't wait to meet her baby girl! We served Taco Salads, enjoyed with the Burch's amazing homemade salsa and guac, and cranberry margarita's. We played a new game we picked up, Say Anything, which was a lot of fun and broke out Imaginiff too. Thanks for coming guys and we are looking forward to New Years! :)
Gracie ~ the life of the party!

We all got some time with sweet Grace. My favorite was when I got to help her fall asleep.
Here's a bonus picture of Cade and his best buddy Jack from last Friday night when we met up with the Paulsons at the Tualatin Christmas Tree lighting.





No comments:
Post a Comment