Here are some pictures of the snow from today...I'm tired and can't really think of much to say, other than I'm glad the power was only out for an hour this evening so I can finish posting these! Hope you are keeping warm wherever you are tonight! Below I have posted some pics from last week.
This ended badly...Callum was being playful and didn't realize how painful his little snow-caked gloves would be on Cade's eyes. Next up: Super Dad pulled the boys up and down the street several times while they yelled "faster! faster!" (Do you love the Target bags used to keep his feet water-proof? Yes, we are Oregonians, remember? Not prepared for these conditions! Thankfully we picked up snow clothes and boots for the kids last week - completely overlooking the fact that if the kids were outside, we most definitely would be too. It's been cold folks, toe-numbing, cheek-chafing, freaking cold).


Callum ate A LOT of snow.
A LOT. Yea Kid, I'd be looking a little nervous too if I ate so much questionable material. I mean we have various animals in the neighborhood...VARIOUS...many...blech...not to mention pinecones, sticks (I'm certain he had to spit some out last week), & who knows what else...I'm just saying...he was eating snow every time I turned around.And (for reference sake) the backyard before the weekend...

And this morning...it's even more covered now! It's crazy that we can't see any of our Little Tikes picnic table. Kevin says if we wake up and can't see the slide climber, we're moving somewhere warm! It's getting there...

Flash back...here are a few of the boys from last week in our front yard. Today they could barely stand it is so deep! We have about a foot and a half.



Our house today. My butterfly tree fell over. God is helping us landscape I guess. I kinda liked it, but it was getting a little out of control. Oh well. I think I'll plant hydrangeas there.
Some nature (as if we aren't seeing enough of it)! Isn't it beautiful though? It's so nice to be able to take time before Christmas and slow down, just enjoy our families, and focus on the true meaning of the holiday. Looks like we'll be getting a white Christmas...I only wish we could fly Kevin's parent's over the Gorge.





3 comments:
Such fun pictures. I love the Target bags. Reuse!
Love to you all. I hope you have a Merry Christmas. I84 is open again, any chance the gparents will make it? We are staying put until Friday or Saturday.
I knew you wouldn't disappoint with the beautiful snow pictures. I like how you talked about being "forced" to slow down before Christmas and this is so true. I think that I was pretty bummed out because I wasn't going to be able to do the things I wanted to do, but now I'm realizing that this gives me an opportunity to just BE without throwing all the craziness and busyness.
Blessings to you and your family this Christmas!
And yes, let's do coffee after all this snow melts! Valentine's Day cards sound fun!
Annie, I LOVE your pictures. You are seriously so talented. It was great seeing you over the break too. Happy 2009! :)
Post a Comment