Today was/is my mom's birthday. I don't know if she maybe has a new birthday in heaven, based on the day she moved there or maybe the day she accepted Christ into her life...I'm not really sure how it all works, the Bible doesn't really go into it. Anyway, today I'm thinking of her and remembering how much it means to me to be her daughter. My heart is just so full of gratitude and love for her. It's really hard to believe that it's been 12 years since I last hugged her, laughed with her (she always saw the humorous in everything), saw her funny expressions, or witnessed her amazing faith in God, joy even while in pain with cancer, and loving compassion for people. Someday I know I will experience all those things again (though without the struggle, thankfully) with her and I can't wait! Until then I will just try my best to live out the grace & love she instilled in me and honor her memory. For you that have the privilege of being physically in your mom's presence on earth, call her, take her a cupcake, play a game of cards with her, or just tell her what she means to you & that you love her. Despite whatever imperfections she may have (we all do!), life is short, sometimes unexpectedly shorter than we know. Here is a picture of mom and me. Love the 80's hair!Happy Birthday Mom, I love you the most!





7 comments:
Thank you for sharing Annie, and the reminder. I'm so sorry for what you have lost for not having your mom with you day to day. You handle it with such grace.
Love you.
S
Simply beautiful. I know your mom is so proud of the woman you have become. Thinking of you today as you remember...
Annie, Your post made me cry! What a beautiful photo and what a beautiful mom you have. I wish I could've met her. I known just based on you, Katie and Chris that she was obviously a phenomenal woman!
Happy Birthday Annie's Mom!!
I can only imagine what an incredible woman she was, based on what I know of her daughter.
I see you cherish her memory so purely, not with despair or emptiness, but with the hope of assurance that you will be together again, and that for now you live out the legacy she left you with. You have peace. I admire that about you.
And, you were a stinkin' cute little baby. :)
Hi Annie. Yes, thank you for sharing. Holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries always bring back memories (some sad, some happy) and just make you wish you could have one more hug, chat, or laugh. We should chat more at length sometime ... my dad died when I was 12. Your mom is so proud of you and your beautiful family. Oh yeah, and great question about the birthday thing. Remind me to tell you my dad's birthday candle story ... :) Jessica
Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. I have always remembered your mother as kind, sweet and always smiling. What a great way to honor her. :)
This took my breath away...soooo, through my tears, I can tell you that she loves you very much and is extremely proud of you... (she tells me often!). I miss her terribly, painfully at times; seeing you, Katie, and Chris brings joy to my heart. You were everything to her, and you honor her beautifully. I love you! Auntie Julie
Post a Comment