30 September 2008

beach, babes, & beautiful weather

Amber-Rose flew in from TX this past Friday for our annual Girl's Weekend. Last time the three of us who live in the NW flew to Austin for a long weekend and this time Amber-Rose came here. Mauria, Missi, AR, & I met up for a meal on Friday, but the weekend officially began Saturday morning as we all spent some time at the Selah conference at George Fox University and headed down to Pacific City. It was a great weekend, but WAY too short of a time with our beloved (recently turned) Texan. It was so fun to meet Matea (Amber-Rose's fourth child, but first daughter!) and of course it is always good to see smily Jonas. :) They are both such good-natured babies and it went really well having them along. The weather at PC was in the mid-upper 70's all weekend long with blue skies and amazing sunsets. (That's right, at the OREGON coast, in late September). September is typically pretty warm here anyway (here in the Portland area it was in the 90's over the weekend), but to have it so warm at the coast was wonderful! I was so ready for a little break from "reality" and being with these girls at one of my favorite places ever was the perfect thing! It was fun to watch all the surfers Sunday and one really cool thing was that a whale was swimming pretty close in and we saw him spout water and splash his fin in the ocean. (Thanks for being a good sport and modeling a bit for me, Missi - LOVE it)! :)





And a couple more of our resident super-model!





Thanks, Miss, for this picture!


















Amber-Rose keeping in touch with her entourage.

3 comments:

Missi Wilson said...

An amazing weekend with some extra amazing women! I am confident of the Lord's love when I get glimpes of His goodness with beauty like I was with this weekend, both in our surroundings and in you precious women. Thank you for capturing so much of it (too much even!!)...He has relly given you a gift behind the camera! I heart you, my dear friend!! Hope you are enjoying being home with your hubby... let me know if you need my car:)

Heidi Boos said...

Annie, I'm so glad you were able to get away for a little time of refreshment with your girlfriends. I know you deserve it!

The McKay's said...

Annie! What a fun weekend! Looks like you girls had a great time--Glad you got the opportunity to have some down time with people you love. Miss you! :)