05 June 2007

Skateboard 101 with Uncle Chris




Sunday was my birthday. (Woohoo I'm 28). :) Before church I got away for over an hour (during Callum's am nap) to sit with my Starbucks, journal and Bible and just enjoy some alone time. After church we went over to our monthly family brunch at my grandparent's house, then Katie and I went to see The Waitress and walked around window shopping at Bridgeport. Afterward, we went to Pastini's (one of my very favorite places to eat) where Kevin, our boys, Daniel, & Johanna joined us for dinner. By the way, I would recommend The Waitress to anyone (it was a good mix of humor and drama, with a pleasant ending.

My brother, Chris gave Cade a skateboard for his third birthday and Cade has been very excited to have a "lesson" with him and learn some skateboarding! Well, yesterday was the day! As a HUGE added bonus, my sweet sister-in-law, Katie, came over armed with potting soil, herbs, and energy to begin the much-needed transformation of my garden as my birthday present! She made quick work of the dying flowers and variety of weeds and then planted beautiful lavendar in two pots and also some basil, rosemary, and others. IT MADE MY WEEK!! THANK YOU, Katie and Chris!!
Also, we want to wish Isaac a Happy 1st Birthday today!
Here are a couple of videos and cute pics from Monday.

1 comment:

Sarri said...

Chris teaching Cade to skateboard is one of the cutest things I've seen. Love it! And I love how Katie says, "You can't put this on your website!" And you're all, "Of course not!" You are great!