02 June 2007

Our 5th Anniversary!

Last Friday, May 25th was our 5-year anniversary! It is hard to believe 5 whole years have gone by. Katie and Daniel graciously offered to take the boys overnight so we could have a long date! It was so wonderful to get to spend 24 hours kid-free (of course we missed them, but 24 hours is hardly long enough to painfully miss them (am I right, moms?), especially when we knew they were having a blast and we were too). Kevin surprised me with the place: The Vintage Plaza in Portland, which was super-fun. They have the biggest bathtubs ever, so I was in heaven. We had a great dinner at Typhoon (within walking distance from our hotel) and then we walked around downtown a little and stopped to get coffee/chai. The next morning we slept in (heaven again!) and went to brunch at Blossoming Lotus (a vegan,raw restaurant in the Pearl) before heading over to the Barefoot Sage for feet/leg massages and soaks. It was SO relaxing - I highly recommend it to everyone (you were right, Amber-Rose, it is the BEST)! Then we caught a movie (Shrek - nothing too amazing, but fun all the same seeing a movie in a theater), and headed back in time for a happy-hour at Oba (where we ate dinner on our wedding day). Then we picked up the boys (who had been LOVING their time with K, D, and Johanna) and went home. It was a wonderful weekend and I'm so thankful to be married to such a loving, Godly, servant-hearted, just-plain-amazing guy. I'm truly grateful and blessed.

2 comments:

heather said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun!! I wanted wish you a Happy Anniversary, because you know I'll never forget your day... things are just so crazy around here, it completely slipped my mind last week.
Now, your birthday- that's a different story. I remembered and reminded myself for two weeks not to forget, and then I didn't get a card out in time and then I kept telling myself not to forget to call you, and then it seemed I didn't have one extra minute to call you yesterday and actually wish you a Happy Birthday. But I wanted you to know I was thinking of you my friend... I hope you had a wonderful day and you know you are loved and celebrated! I'll talk to you soon!!

Sarri said...

Happy Happy Anniversary, Annie! I am glad you got to get away a bit- so important!

We love you guys!