24 December 2006

Not a (small) creature was stirring...

The boys are exhausted from a full weekend, and sleeping soundly while Kevin and I busily work to finish assembling/wrapping Christmas gifts. I wanted to take a quick break and say:
MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS!

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get to spend great time with your families & friends. Kevin has all next week off so we are looking forward to lots of quality family time and gtting projects done. Today was awesome because Kevin'd parents hung out with Cade and Callum all day and Kevin and I took FULL advantage of running last minute errands, wrapping presents, baking and cooking for tomorrow (me), anchoring the cabinets (Kevin with the help of his dad). Then we all went to River West's 5:30pm Christmas Eve service...we arrived at 5:20pm (after having to park in the parking lot down the street) and after checking the kids in realized there was no where to stand let alne sit in the sanctuary. So, we pulled the kids and headed to Chili's for dinner. It was closed, as was Azteca and Stanfords. We ended up at Applebees and then traded cars with Kev's parents and they took the boys home for bed while Kevin and I hit the 7pm service. It was a great service...Crystal sang a lot and it was fun to see friends.

Tomorrow morning we will get up and have a brief family time here, then head of to Aunt Julie's between 8/8:30am for brunch and the gift exchange. Then we will go home for naps and wait for my dad's arrival (I'm guessing 1/2ish)? I have most everything ready for dinner (the things I'm responsible for anyway). We plan to eat around 4pm and Chris and Katie will be there soon afterward for dessert. My cousin Michelle abd Rock and my Aunt Lou are also coming for dessert! So we will have a full and fun house tomorrow. I love it. I'm also really glad our family has seemed to kick the flu bug (namely Kevin and Cade). Daniel and Katie and Johanna are in CA with D's family, so we are missing them but will celebrate when they return. Anyway, however you are celebrating I hope we will all make time to reflect on the true meaning behind Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! We're thinking of, and missing you all!