28 April 2009

Back from the Happiest Place on Earth

We just spent a little less than a week in Disneyland and got home late last Wednesday. If a great vacation couldn't make me blog, I knew nothing would. It was SUCH a fun trip and we all can't wait to go back (or even just to go on vacation again together)! As all worthwhile things, it was good and hard when it was time to come home, but the break felt like a total blessing and much needed relaxing time for our little family. One of my favorite afternoons was spent reading in the sun by the almost vacant pool with a light breeze (it was HOT - as in 2 of the days it was up around 100, thanks to an unexpected heat wave). Huge amazing palm trees making some shade and not a cloud in the sky. I'm sorry I'm really not trying to brag, fellow Oregonians! Just fully appreciating that rare experience of weather bliss after many overcast, rainy, chilly days I've lived through as a native Oregonian. :) Love you Oregon, but sometimes you leave me cold and severely deprived of vitamin D.

We had toyed with the idea of making this trip for a few months but ended up quickly making the decision and getting tickets about 3 weeks before we left, using the many frequent-flyer miles Kevin had racked up during all is travels last year. We got all 4 tickets for "free" (well, in exchange for several weeks without my honey last year) and had a voucher towards about half of our hotel costs. Also since we traveled over Cade's birthday, we got a gift card in the amount of his ticket for that day to spend at Disney, we opted for that since we also took advantage of a great deal on 4-day park-hopper passes we purchased in advance. Plus, since we went the week before Callum turned 3, he got in for free. We celebrated both the boys birthdays at the Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney, which was a whole other experience for them. So fun!! It was good & we just had a relaxed trip - didn't try to cram anything in and just took it easy, enjoyed all the experiences, and played together. Watching them take in Disneyland, explore everything, get excited as they recognized a character or discussed their favorite rides. Like I said, we're excited for next time. :)

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

I finally remembered to come over and check out your blog! Too cute! How fun to see and read about your family! It was great running into you at the Children's Museum last month! We are thinking of taking a trip to Disneyland this Summer. If you have any tips, for making it a fun (and not stressful) time, I'd love to hear them! Our blog is wearethewilson4.blogspot.com Take Care!
Jen Wilson

Heidi Boos said...

Annie, What fun! I'm so glad that you got to make the trip to Disneyland with the kids. I'm sure these are both going to be memorable birthdays!! Love all of the pictures and that you had so much fun relaxing and enjoying The Happiest Place on Earth!