I hope you enjoyed your weekend wherever you are. We had sun and 60 on Saturday and then last night and tonight we're getting a little snow. It hasn't been much, but still, just when it seemed spring was starting. Back to the weekend...Saturday night Johanna came over for a sleepover and after pizza & seconds on salad for both boys (they truly love salad), I made the kids banana splits for dessert. My ingredients - banana, yogurt, homemade sorbet, strawberry, whip cream, sprinkles.

Obviously bananas on the bottom, then some Trader Joe's organic 'vanana' yogurt, some homemade mixed fruit sorbet (I used frozen berries and mango from TJ's, a little lemon juice, juice, & water - just enough liquid so the vita mix can blend it all into a sorbet). Then I put strawberry pieces over that, a little whip cream, and sprinkles of course. These are a big hit for dessert over here and I feel good about having a great dessert to give the kids that isn't full of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or hydrogenated oils. Happy kids & happy mama.


After showers and jammies, the kids and Kevin huddled together in the living room for family devotions in front of the warm fire. Such sweet moments I want to remember. Last year we went through this devotional with the kids and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good one for preschool aged children. This year we're reading through this one, which is geared for a little bit older, but everyone seems to like it a lot.
There are a few more pictures from the last couple of days here.





5 comments:
i love the pic of kevin w/ the kids in front of the fire. reminds me of devotions w/ my family as a kid... love your pics annie! :)
These pictures give me the goosebumps!! What precious memories you are making.
BTW...I so want a taste of those "banana splits"!!
Great photos, Annie. And I love the new blog design.
Hope you're all doing well in Portland!
Hey- We were just checking up on Cade from Oregon. Caid from Mass. is excited he is going to be a Caid in Oregon too! We can't wait to get together with you all once we are moved out there!
Erin and Caid (and Ethan too)
Um...can I come over for a sleepover? :) Those banana splits look AMAZING and I don't even like banana splits. Seriously, your photography is fantastic. You should take photos for a culinary magazine or something. Great job :)
Post a Comment