21 August 2008

Swimming lessons!

Well, obviously I have plenty of updating to do here...I think I'll just start looking through my pictures and post if I find something memorable. All summer the boys have weekly swimming lessons at the YMCA nearest our house. It has been a great experience for them and since I spent my formative years surrounded by water (literally - our house was/is still in an island in the Columbia River, plus we had a pool), it has been a relief in a way to have my kids become more acclimated in this way.

Kevin came on the last day and took a few pics for me. I hadn't taken any others all summer since Cade's and Callum's classes were in the same time slot and Callum's is a parent and child class. I'm talking to the instructor in this picture, but most of the pics of the three of us came out too dark.

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Hooray for swim lessons! When we took lessons at the Y and tried to take pictures, the lighting was terrible, not to mention so far away from where the "visitors" sit. I'm glad you had fun and will look forward to hearing more about your summer.

Steph said...

How fun! I can't wait to do that with Henry...I wonder when...