24 July 2008

Life's been a beach

This title truly fits this week for one, because we were able to spend a few days in Pacific City and overall it was WONDERFUL. The beach is one of my very favorite places on earth.

The salty air, sunshine, & good talks with a loved one is just what the soul ordered. My little monsters (of course I mean, angels - see picture for smiling exhibit "A") were lucky enough to spend a long last weekend with their ever-so-patient, loving, and fun grandparents in WA (thank you Karen and Andy so much - my weekend was restful and I'm so appreciative!) and arrived home needing and not seemingly willing to be re-trained in the ways of obedience, self-control, & all-around sweetness - you know, the things that lack of sleep and lots of extra-special fun with favorite people somehow temporarily erase from one's 2 & 4 year old memory when back in the familiar arms & care of their mommy. So it was a blessing when less than 24 hours later, I was able to pack them up and drive to my beloved coast where tantrums, hissy fits, & grumpy faces are scientifically proven to be more lovely and the sand is made of cinnamon & sugar...well, maybe not quite, but a toddler's angry screams sure do seem more serene with the roar of the ocean is partially drowning them out. :) I don't mean to focus on the negative...the boys had all kinds of "moments," some good, some bad. It's just the bad ones have been exceptionally loud & tiring for the mama lately.

The boys had the best time playing, imagining, digging, building, and exploring for hours all over our corner of the beach. A nice lady (a teacher, out for her morning run) even gave each a whole sand dollar that she'd found, which is a treasured piece of the collection of feathers, shells, stones, and crab particles they are keeping in a shoebox. Thanks so much, Maureen, for the great time, yummy food, & good friendship. I have a bunch more pictures, but I haven't sorted through them yet - when I do I'll post them. And in case anyone has emailed me lately, I'm behind in my email so I'll be returning them soon. Off to bed...

1 comment:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Great post - made me laugh! And cute picture! :) I'm so glad you had that gettaway!