30 November 2006

Cade-isms


The whole way to and from Sunnyside, WA, last weekend, whenever we drove along the side of a rocky hill, Cade would yell, excitedly, "Jericho! Look, it's Jericho! The walls are coming down! I'm blowing the horn!" I was thinking, "Please don't..." (A little disconcerting at first, but we got used to it).

Cade was hammering loudly on the wall and when I asked him why he was doing that, he answered, "I'm building an ark for me and my animals."

Today he also said, "I have a story to tell you and it goes like this: I'm going to sleep now and if you wake me up I'm going to cry."

A couple of days ago he came in to the kitchen with a basket of toys and said proudly to me and Kevin, "Look at this, Stupid!" (I cracked up and had to leave the room, but Kevin handled it well - he's more mature than me). :)

Yesterday Callum was taking his nap and Cade asked where he was. I said he was sleeping and Cade asked, "Is he sleeping in the manger with the other baby, Jesus?"

A couple weeks ago Cade was yelling at me, "Shnoony! Shnoony!" And after I asked what that meant, he said, "It's you in Spanish." (Ah, of course).

No comments: