

Oh where to begin...well, for starters, as I said in my last post: we are having a baby (let's not kid ourselves, I'M having him, and other people involved are expecting him). :) So he's expected around July 14th but I'm not about to get attatched to that date. If womb activity is any indication, our newest little guy is extremely energetic & we're going to need to find some newborn gymnastics program for him to participate in immediately. There are about 7 weeks left of this pregnancy and it has been great. I really can't complain. Other than a little sciatic pain here and there, the typical emotions+, and some trouble getting/staying comfortable/asleep at night, it's been great! The whole thing has gone by really fast (I think being busy with the boys and my photography) & very smoothly, which I'm hoping is an indication of the upcoming labor experience). ;)
Kevin and I celebrate 8 years on May 25th! I have no idea what we are going to do, but there is a rumor his parents are coming to town so we may get a date night (which we would NEVER turn down). (Edited to add: Today this is not true ~ I wrote this post in pieces last week, so now TODAY is our anniversary and I DO know what were doing and it's going to be so fun).
A good quote I heard about marriage this morning at Bible Study goes something like this: "A great marriage begins when you marry the one you love and it thrives when you love the one you married." (not sure where this came from originally, but I'm pretty sure Kevin makes this easier than many)!
Parenting snip-it...{aka: giving it my best shot}
The other morning, I was explaining to the boys that I don't like it when people (they) stick their tongues out at me, because to me it's not a nice thing to do. They disagree, trying to convince me they LOVE it when people stick tongues out at them. I tell them if lots of people think of it as mean, they should think about how other people will feel before they do things like that. Again, they tell me they just LOVE it when people stick out their tongues at them and they try to get me to stick out my tongue at them. I say 'no' because I don't like the way I feel when someone sticks out their tongue at me.
Cade: "Well, now YOU'RE not thinking about how others will feel." Touche.
Here is my favorite little smartay showing off an exciting event of the weekend before last: Cade lost his first tooth while we were visting Kevin's parents in WA!All the bw photos are from last November at the park.
Since my wonderful sister-in-law Jen has recently updated her blog, I will link to a couple of posts that are partially about my kids (& even include a few of my pics)! Thank you Jen!
August 2009 ~ Family Reunion in Montana (pt.1)
Montana trip (pt.2)
September 2009 ~ Cade & Leah start Kindergarten
Montana trip (pt.2)
September 2009 ~ Cade & Leah start Kindergarten
October 2009 ~ Our trip to the Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch











1 comment:
I'm puting a word in for another blog post. I miss these...
:)LOve,
AR
Post a Comment