02 February 2009

Any given Thursday

Over here Thursday mornings are for playdates...which don't start until 10, or just staying home all morning and staying in our jammies (or whatever they choose - capes, etc. - always topped with bedhead). Last Thursday I was in the middle of some laundry and walked through the family room on my way to the garage (where our washer/dryer are) and noticed they were all playing so great and had stripped down to their unders. I set down the basket and grabbed my camera. I've been loving b&w photos especially lately. Here are my favorite little people on our favorite day...
Photobucket

Photobucket The other day I overheard Callum say to Jo Jo, "You will be my pwincess and I'll be your wittle pet doggy."
Photobucket The "Pwincess." This girl is hilarious and wearing her Dora unders more often each week. We keep thinking if Callum sees Jo getting stickers he will want some and jump on the potty-training band wagon (he hasn't yet though). Katie's been working on her tattle-tailing lately, trying to help her see what constitutes a worthy-tattle - our favorite common tattle from her is, "Auntie [or Mommy], Callum said never." (At which time we always explain it's not wrong to just say never). Oh we love her so much. She cracks us up all the time. Her comedic (intentional or not) timing is priceless.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cade with his special blanket as a scarf...they love to bring all their bedding out to the family room and play camping or sleepover or house or that one of them is the "sweepy" (sleepy) baby lion (Callum).

4 comments:

Keith and Jen said...

Oh my goodness, I just saw them yesterday and these pictures still make me miss all three of them! I LOVE this stage with all the imaginary play and role-playing - you get to overhear the funniest and cutest things. I love the creativity inspired by common household objects... can't wait to have the boys over for a sleepover in a couple weeks!!! - Jen

the schilps said...

oh annie, you are so talented! i just kept looking at these pictures over and over again. they make you feel as if you are sitting in the family room, watching all the stories and giggles unfold. i like that :)

John and Natalee Warren said...

Your kids say the funniest things all the time, and part of it maybe how finny you think they are! The boys are starting to look more like you!

The McKay's said...

Those photos are seriously fantastic. I love them! Especially the upside down shot. So great :)